To maintain healthy peripheral nerves, it is important to have a healthy lifestyle which does not lead to wear the spinal column and the anatomical tunnels which are run by nerve fibers.
Moreover, it is important to have a balanced and varied diet, which is useful in preventing sudden and frequent increases of blood glucose which may lead to the onset of a type II diabetes.
In summary, healthy eating, exercise and proper lifestyle, are the cornerstones to protect the health of nerve cells.
Many situations can damage, in a reversible or irreversible way, peripheral nerves and may lead to real diseases:
- Metabolic neuropathies (e.g. diabetes)
- Compression neuropathies (e.g. carpal tunnel syndrome, lumbosciatalgy, lumbocruralgy)
- Iatrogenic neuropathies (e.g. chemotherapy induced neuropathies)
- Infectious agents induced neuropathies (e.g. herpes zoster)
- Dialysis induced neuropathies
The most common symptoms are: muscle weakness, tingling, pain, paresthesia, electric shock sensations, alteration in perception. These symptoms can increase in intensity during the night and can get worse over time.
Assonal® Sachets is a food supplement consisting of L-acetyl carnitine, alpha lipoic acid (Matris®), Citicoline (Cognizin® ) and B vitamins at maximum allowed dosages.
Assonal® Sachets is indicated in all cases of insufficient dietary intake or increased requirements of these nutrients. B vitamins, in Assonal® Sachets, contribute to maintain the normal energetic metabolism.
- Vitamin B5contributes to the normal synthesis and the normal metabolism of some neurotransmitters;
- Vitamin B2contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamins B1, B2e B6 contribute to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue;
- Vitamins B6and B12 contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
Each Sachet contains:
- L-acetyl carnitine: 1000 mg
- Alpha lipoic acid (Matris®Fast and Retard): 600 mg
- Citicoline (Cognizin®Citicoline)*: 250 mg
- Vitamin B1: 250 mg
- Vitamin B2: 250 mg
- Vitamin B5: 18 mg
- Vitamin B6: 5 mg
- Vitamin B12: 33 mcg
1 Sachet a day
*Cognizin® is a registered trademark of KYOWA HAKKO BIO CO., LTD.